Tuesday, February 19, 2013

New Breakfast

I have been lamenting the lack of yummy, yet filling, breakfast cereals for several years. I would love to eat Cocoa Puffs in the morning, but know that it will just make my hungry again at 9am. If my goal is to avoid hunger, I'd be better off not eating breakfast than eating yummy cereals. 100 calories with 2 grams of fiber and 1 gram of protein won't keep me satisfied.


Finally, my prayers have been answered. Fiber One has introduced a chocolate breakfast cereal. 80 calories, 9 grams of fiber and 1 gram of protein. It tastes just like cocoa puffs, but with enough fiber to keep me full until lunch.

I know that I could eat oatmeal, eggs, or other foods that would provide the same nutrition without the processing and sugar. Sometimes, though, I want food that's emotionally satisfying as well as nutritionally satisfying. I understand that I probably shouldn't look at food emotionally, but society and family have conditioned me to view food as more than simple fuel. I have removed some of the unhealthy links, but not all of them. Instead, I have learned to accept them and tried to find foods like this that satisfy both needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment