Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 1--Base measurements

I currently weight 135.6 pounds, which makes my BMI 24.02. That puts my BMI within the "healthy weight" range, but on the higher end of it. A BMI of 25 is considered "overweight" I would like my BMI to be closer to 21, which makes my goal weight about 119 pounds.

Waist: 32 inches
Hips: 39 inches
My waist to hip ratio is .82, which puts me in the "elevated risk" category for heart disease and diabetes. It looks like I need to lose a little bit around my waist, or make my butt bigger to improve the ratio.

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html is a site that allows you to determine you body fat percentage without any specialized tests. I have 29% body fat. 39.4 Pounds of fat and 96.6 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water). Again, it's in the healthy range, but on the higher end.

I will remeasure my waist & hips every few weeks. I hope to update my weight at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment