Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 7--Diet

I'm trying to eat better and increase the amount of water I drink. On most days, I drink a couple cups of coffee in the morning and that's about the extent of beverages for the rest of the day. I know that's not healthy and that if I feel thirsty, I'm already into dehydration. On the other hand, I can't imagine drinking the standby recommendation of 64 ounces of water every day. I have heard that instead of some arbitrary amount of water, you should drink 1/2 ounce for every pound you weigh, which puts me at 67 ounces a day. I looked for "water intake calculators" online and found two. Both of them say I should drink 70 ounces a day, but one said I could get 14 ounces, 20%, of that from food, leaving me only 56 ounces to drink. 70 ounces is 2 liters. I will try to work up to that level. I'm at 2 ounces right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment