Thursday, December 22, 2011

Second 2012 Challenge


I will again be training with the Team to End AIDS for the marathon and half marathon. This year, I hope that injury will not prevent me from running the actual races. I challenge everyone out there to join me in training with them. They set up the training schedule and have a great success rate. If you make it through the training, you will make it through the race. They do require fundraising, but it's much easier than you'd ever imagine. To join them, you don't have to be able to run 26.2 miles already. You don't even have to be able to run quickly. Their slowest pace group runs/walks every mile in 16 minutes. You just have to be able to walk 3 miles to begin the training. I would love to see all of you out at the training site next summer.

If you want more motivation, please check out their video. It will motivate you and hopefully inspire you to join. Their first sessions for signing up will be in the first months of 2012, so I will remind you of this challenge at that time.

UPDATE: you have until 1/31 to sign up at the reduced rate of $65. It goes to $95 in Feb. Join Team Twitter and you'll have even more built-in support.

No comments:

Post a Comment