Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 1B--starting over

It's been a long, long time since I've updated this blog. Sadly, my exercise regimen died off completely shortly after my last post in August. I started feeling tired and thought I just had been overdoing it, so I took a week off, but I only got worse. I thought I might be low on iron, so I started taking some iron pills to fix that, but still got worse. I eventually went to the doctor and, after many blood tests, was diagnosed with pernicious anemia. I was placed on B-12 supplements, but by that point I was so deficient that it took several weeks to get my energy back to a level where even mental exertion was possible. There was no way I was able to run or bike.
That forced inertia until the temperatures cooled led easily into pure laziness. I don't like the cold and am not a huge fan of running on the treadmill. Basically, I got a ton of knitting done over winter. If you want to see my creations, please check out my etsy shop. That laziness, coupled with no decrease in the amount I was eating, led to weight gain. I'm back at the same weight I was a year ago. I'm starting back on the road to fitness, but won't be doing any measurements for a few months. I hope to keep myself accountable to stay motivated. My first motivating tool is my daily step log. It's publicly available, so people will see if I'm slacking. When I used this chart in 2009, I had over 2.5 million steps in 12 weeks. That was summer and I was biking, so I don't think I'll hit that this time. I just hope to increase my activity level each week so I can lose some of this weight and get back to my 2010 starting point again.

No comments:

Post a Comment