Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 65C--2 months in

Here's my second update on the weight loss that I hoped would occur during my marathon training.

I've gained 1 1/2 pounds since last month, for a grand total of 2 pounds gained since I started official training. That's an average of a pound per month. At this rate, I'll be really overweight by the time the marathon rolls around. Right now, my weight puts my BMI just into the "overweight" area.

I found a site that allows you to determine you body fat percentage without any specialized tests. It just uses the measurements here to calculate. I have 28% body fat. 40 Pounds of fat and 103 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water). Unfortunately, the site doesn't let you put in anything but whole numbers, so these figures are not exactly perfect.

The reason my body fat percentage is less than on the first date is because my calves are bigger, meaning I have more muscle. Now I just need to keep up the work and make sure to watch what I'm eating and drinking so that my weight doesn't keep increasing as my muscle increases. I'd rather that I lose some more fat while increasing my muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment