Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 27C--Official Start

Yesterday was the official start to my marathon training. No running, but lots and lots of information. This also seemed like a really good time to get some baseline measurements. These will be the numbers to which I compare my measurements in October.

I currently weight 140.9 pounds, which makes my BMI 24.96. That puts my BMI within the "healthy weight" range, but on the higher end of it. A BMI of 25 is considered "overweight" I would like my BMI to be closer to 21, which makes my goal weight about 119 pounds.

Waist: 32 inches
Hips: 40 inches

My waist to hip ratio is .80, which puts me in the healthy range. That means I'm not at an increased risk for heart disease and diabetes.


Calf: 13
Thigh: 22
Wrist: 6

I found a site that allows you to determine you body fat percentage without any specialized tests. It just uses the measurements here to calculate. I have 30% body fat. 42.3 Pounds of fat and 98.7 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water). Again, it's in the healthy range, but on the higher end.

No comments:

Post a Comment