Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 7C--Treadmill

Just as I had planned, I used the treadmills after work and ran a full 5K. I did pack some running clothes, but forgot my sports bra. I wasn't going to let that stop me, though. I may question that decision next time. I have some injuries suffered because of not wearing the proper equipment. I have some chafing on my arm and sides where my bra rubbed. I put some Neosporin on it today in the hopes that will help it heal. I may buy some diaper rash cream at lunch to see if that helps, too.
On the bright side, I ran 3.1 miles in 34:28 minutes, which is an 11:07 mile pace. That's my best pace this year and my longest distance since last summer. It's only two minutes slower than my race time last June, and better than my first 5K last April. I feel ok today, thanks to Jenni reminding me to take some Advil before bed last night. I was already starting to stiffen up and would have been in a bit of pain today without that.
On another good note, my fund raising is rolling along steadily. I'm at $300, or 30% of the minimum needed to guarantee my race entry. I'm trying to get some Twitter people with more followers to tweet my fund raising page, but no luck yet. I did have a friend post it on her facebook page, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment