Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 64--guilt


I didn't get a work-out in yesterday. I went to a beer tasting instead. I did walk the 5 blocks to the bar, but that's not nearly enough to make up for the missed workout. If I'm ever going to look like Jillian Michaels, I'm going to have to do more than walk a few blocks and drink beer. I will do better tonight.

I found a great motivational idea on The Accidental Wisconsite. She's challenged herself to run a 5K a month for a year. I am going to steal her idea. Not only will I be keeping myself in shape, I'll be helping out the various charities. I think my first race will be the Wrigley Start Early run on April 10, 2010. It raises money to fight child abuse. That gives me a month to work up to it and freak out about it. I haven't run in a race since 8th grade. That was 20 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment