Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 31C--Cross Training

Yesterday was supposed to be a run day, but I had softball practice so I bumped my run to today. Practice involved a lot of running after balls and around the bases, so I don't feel like I slacked. We started with many of the stretches that were given to me by NovaCare, the official sports therapists for my marathon training group. That and throwing a ball in from the outfield involves more than just arm muscles. I probably should have done some yoga when I got home, but after 1 1/2 hours of practice, stopping at Target and eating dinner, it was time to get some sleep. Of all the keys to training that I'm supposed to be hitting, sleep seems to be the hardest to get right. To get a full 8 hours, I would need to fall asleep by 10:30 and sleep through the night. I usually wake up for a few minutes once or twice a night, so I need to be asleep by at least 10:00. Looks like I should start going to bed at 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment