Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 32C--Running

Last night I ran for just over 30 minutes and ran just over 3 miles. My pace was 10:14/mile. This is the fastest I've run this year, but not as fast as I'd like. My first official run with my training group is on Saturday morning at the butt-crack of dawn. This run will determine my pace group for the marathon. They'll take my three mile time, add a minute to my minutes/mile time and that's my marathon pace. I don't know if they have an 11, 11:15 & 11:30 pace group, so my marathon pace will put my finish time between 4:48 and 5:01. I'm ok with that. Puts me in the middle of the times for my age group. At least based on 2010 results.

Tomorrow's training begins at 7am, and I'm supposed to be there at 6:30. I'm tired just thinking of that. I'm sure I'll get used to it, because that's my regular Saturday training time for the next 5 months.

1 comment: