Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 36C--Running

Blogger has been down off and on since Wednesday, so I have a few days of activity to catch up on.

Tuesday night's run: I ran a very, very slow two miles. I had been asking for warmer weather and finally got it. Then it was too sudden and too hot and humid for me. It was not good at all.

Wednesday night's cross training: Softball practice. The weather was threatening, so only a few of us showed up. We threw the ball around, practicing grounders and fly balls, then we batted a bit. We ended up practicing for about 70 minutes, and there was no sitting or standing around because there were only five of us to cover the entire field. It ended up being a lot of running after errant balls.

Thursday's night circuit run: I joined a T2EA drill run at Foster Beach. The run was only two miles total, but with strength training every 1/2 mile. We did planks, side planks, push-ups, burpees, jumping jacks, squats and other exercises to work our core and upper body. The run itself was great. We covered the 1/2 mile runs at about 4:40 each. Having a group of people running faster than my normal pace pushed me to run faster.

Tomorrow is my 4 mile training run with the full group. I should have a better understanding of the run/walk pacing after that. I bought a watch with intervals and memory for 100 laps. I should know how to use that after tomorrow, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment