Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 34C--Cross Training

Technically, Monday is supposed to be a run day, but that makes Wednesday a run day and that's softball practice. I have decided to move my runs to Tuesday and Thursday to fit my schedule better. That made last night a cross training night. I went back to the Wii for 36 minutes of core work. It was a lot of standing on one leg and moving around while trying not to fall over. I didn't do too badly, either. I'm getting much better at my core exercises. I keep practicing in the elevator at work. I just bring up one leg and try to maintain my balance. It seems to be helping. Although the last exercise I did last night was so hard that my abs were shaking with exhaustion. I was amazed that my body actually did that. Much of my core work is yoga and I'm also doing some stretching yoga poses and feel like I'm getting more flexible. I can actually touch my toes, something with which I've always struggled.

Tonight, I will be running for 30-45 minutes. I may hit the track that's a couple of blocks from home so I can do a little bit of speed work. Track work seems boring, but I haven't run on a track since high school, so it may be a nice change of pace. Plus, the park with the track gets a lot of kids and dogs so there will be a ton of people watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment