Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 15C--Goals

I ran a little over a mile on the treadmill today. I finished the mile in a little over ten minutes. I didn't go into my run with a goal, and that was a mistake. With no goal, I didn't know if I should try for a "slow and steady" run or try to run quickly. Instead, I ended up running too fast for multiple miles, but not as quickly as I would like for one mile. That is a lesson that I won't soon forget. Every run will be preceded with a blog post stating my goal for that run.
I bought new run accessories this weekend. I broke my old sunglasses and had been relying on a pair of baby sunglasses, which are just ridiculous. I also bought some new shorts. I wanted some women's shorts, but none of them have pockets and they're all $15 or so. I ended up buying boys basketball shorts for $6 each instead. I wish someone would start putting pockets in women's clothing. I don't ever carry a purse and I've never seen anyone carrying a purse while exercising.

2 comments:

  1. In Canada we have stores called 'lululemon' they are yoga wear, and really expensive but, they have a pocket on the inside of the pant for a gym card, or in my case the house key.

    I adore them, they are really good quality and I wouldn't ever take them off if I didn't have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the yoga pants did have pockets, but I wanted shorts, not capris. I may have to check out Title 9 clothing.

    ReplyDelete