Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 20C--Another Goal Reached

I ran the full 6.56 miles home from work in less than 80 minutes. My pace was 11:53 per mile. That's a better pace than I set on my long run last week. I really thought the longer run would cause my pace to slow, but I was mistaken. Perhaps I'm just becoming a better runner. My muscles are a bit tight today, but nothing needing medicine, ice or rest. I'd probably be best served by doing some serious stretching. The Body Glide did help a lot. I think I need to put it on everywhere my bra MIGHT rub, instead of where it HAS rubbed, though.
I am starting to realize that I prefer longer distances to shorter distances. I'm running a 5K this weekend, but may sign up for a 10K this summer. It makes for a longer race, but against a much smaller field.
Every time I increase my distance, I have a fear that it's "too far, too fast" or simply just "too far". As I've been able to meet each distance and finish at or above my current pace, I am excited, shocked and proud. I must have pointed out how far I ran at least five times last night. Just sitting watching TV and I'd say, out of nowhere, "I ran over six miles today" I did the same thing for the month of February, but that was, "The Packers won the Super Bowl" I don't know when it will sink in that I am a runner. I'm not just some person who tries to run on occasion. I. Am. A. Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment