Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 23C--New run goal

I plan on running home from work today, but taking the lake path instead of city streets. That adds about .8 miles to the run. Instead of 6.5 miles, it's 7.3 miles. It's also colder & windier. Most of my training runs will be on the lakefront, so I really need to stop being a wimp and just run regardless of the weather. I did bring a sweatshirt, running pants, gloves and a headband for my ears, so I think I will be able to handle the cold. I will run with my GPS on because the map I used to calculate the 7.3 miles uses the road and not the running path. If I remember from when I used to bike this way, it's closer to 7.5 or 7.6 miles.

Update: My goal remains the same, but I'm going to tackle the run on Thursday. The weather is supposed to be a bit warmer and less chance of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment