Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Appearance

I read an article today that says appearance keeps women from exercising in public. It says that 90% of women have to battle self-image issues before going outside to exercise. That makes me sad. I think that clothing makers could help with this by making attractive work-out clothing in ALL sizes. I also think that we could help by encouraging others to be active and join us when we're out in the world being active.
Individually, we need to say "Fuck It." I know that when I run, I look like an angry badger, but I feel like a gazelle. I will continue to run regardless of how I look to others, because feeling like a gazelle is great. I can look at the picture of me running below and find many, many things to criticize, but I will focus on the fact that I was out running and not just sitting on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment