Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Why-->How



If you're the first in your group of friends or family to start being active, you may meet resistance. You may even endure some scorn and derision. Part of that is deflection. They may not want to deal with their own health or weight issues. I know I was one of those people; pointing out that the first guy to run a marathon died at the end of it.* I was merely deflecting my feelings of laziness outward into mocking.

Eventually, I was convinced that they were probably right and I was just being a jerk. Your family and friends will do the same thing. They will see how good you look and feel and will want to join you. Fitness nuts are like the Borg, except that assimilation takes a bit longer with fitness.

*What I didn't know until just now is that he ran 150 miles over the two days before the marathon. (It's not part of my blog post, just interesting to me.)



No comments:

Post a Comment