Monday, April 2, 2012

Regret



I woke up at 5am to get a workout in this morning. I had to leave home by 7am to get to work by 8 and have running plans for tonight, so I knew that was the only time to workout. I also knew that I would regret skipping the workout today.

I disliked all of my workout. My mind and body were not ready to be challenged that early in the morning. I felt unsteady on my feet and unbalanced. I seemed unusually winded the entire hour. I am still glad I did it. If I had slept an extra hour, I might be more alert right now, but I'd be using my extra energy to beat myself up emotionally for skipping the workout.


I will go to bed a bit earlier tonight so I can get used to 5am workouts, or adjust somewhere else, but I refuse to let 11 hour days derail all the progress I've made with my fitness. I know it's going to be hard, especially once I start running more, but I also know that it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment