Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Serenity Prayer

Source: google.com via Mary on Pinterest




I really like this take on the traditional serenity prayer. Normally, it's: Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.

This should be the mantra for women and their bodies. You can't change your height. You can't change how busty or hippy you are without drastic measures. You can change your weight and how much of that is fat or muscle. You can change what your body is capable of.

For me, this means that I am working on how quickly I run. I have to accept that I have flat feet and that I'm only 5'3", but that doesn't mean I can't become faster. I am also trying to add more muscle and lose some more fat from my body.

What do you need to accept about yourself? What do you not accept that you will change?

No comments:

Post a Comment