Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 60--Laps


Today's work-out had me run 6 "laps" in one of the segments. That works out to about 5 minutes of continuous running. I managed to do the entire thing without any problems at all. I ran up and down my hallway checking into my progress on the game every few passes. I knew I was building up my running tolerance, but this still shocked me a bit. I don't think I've run that far at one time since high school PE classes. I think I'm going to buy the EA More Workout game today, so when my 30 day challenge ends in a week, I'll be ready to go on to that right away. I'm also going to buy 8 pound hand weights to improve the effectiveness of the upper-body workouts. I won't use them for every exercise, but I will use them for the bicep curls and some of the rows. It's been about 10 years since I've been a regular exerciser, and I'm really glad to be back there. Other than that stretch of time, and the few times that I've been overweight, I've been "skinny-fat" most of my adult life. I fit into small sizes, but haven't had any cardio ability or muscular strength. I am determined to stay out of that classification again.

No comments:

Post a Comment