Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 18--abs

I had a rest day yesterday, so I hit by abs. I did the plank and the jack knife challenge against the trainer. I really like the jack knife because it works my upper and lower abs at the same time. I'm ok with how my abs look above my belly button, but don't like my "baby bumper" below that line. I'm not going to have babies, so I would like to lose the bumper.

I lost the plank challenge, but won the jack knife challenge. I had to do over 50 jack knives before the trainer gave up and conceded defeat. I fully expected to wake up today without the ability to sit up pain-free. It wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. I think I'll have to take a 10 minute break when doing ab work and then start it over again, repeating until I'm unable to continue. I am a firm believer in the "no pain, no gain" adage. If my ab workout isn't causing me some level of discomfort the next day, I feel like it's not as effective as it could or should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment