Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 27--Kicking Ass

EA Active, Wii, Wii fit, fitnessA little bit of weight loss and a workout that kicked my ass. Literally. The EA active has exercises that take place on a track. Running and walking are pretty straight-forward and I can even get away from doing them in one place and go up and down my hallway. While on the track, they also have you do high knees and kick-ups. Slow kick ups stretch the back of my thighs and high knees stretch the front of them. Fast kick ups kick my ass, though. Literally and figuratively. With that and the jumping side-to-side, I was winded for the first time since starting the 30 day challenge.

I'm surprised that I'm not hating the running portions of my workouts. I haven't enjoyed running ever. I have horrible memories of timed runs during high school that would leave me limping for hours, if not days. I wore orthotics to keep my flat feet from hurting from the time I was 5 until I was 18. I stopped wearing them when I realized they didn't make any difference in my day-to-day life. I never really run, so I don't miss the orthotics at all. I have a really, really good pair of running shoes, but every time I've tried them, my mind and body have given up on running well before my feet. I had a co-worker tell me to try running in 1-2 minute increments until I overcame my mental block. It seems like the EA active game is having me do exactly what she suggested. And it's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment