Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happiness

Weight loss won't lead to happiness. You may experience joy when you hit your goal weight, but it won't transform your life. Your job and day-t0-day life will still be the same, you'll just wear a smaller size while dealing with those things. I firmly believe that the end goal of fitness should be health. If you focus on the positives, your weight will naturally reach a good, healthy level.

I am not alone in this philosophy. Today I read an article from someone who has yo-yo dieted and has finally found happiness in the activity, rather than the number on the scale. She's Nicole Nichols and she's holding the 10 minute sign above.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I get stronger, faster, fitter, better…I stand taller, feel better about myself and appreciate all that my body has achieved. It propels me to take better care of it. I want this body to carry me through life stronger and healthier. I don't care what I weigh, but I do care how much weight I can lift and how many miles I can run. That says so much more about who I am and what I'm worth than any stupid scale can ever tell me. I don't care what I look like while I'm doing these things—just that I show up and try my hardest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I highly recommend that you read her entire post on this. It's a good read and may help provide some perspective about the number on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment