Monday, February 27, 2012

Healthy in Hollywood

I spent last night watching the Oscars and commenting on dresses, hair and bodies while in the comfort of my living room. One thing I was very happy to see were all the actresses who looked strong and healthy, rather than starved skinny. It's nice to know that the ultimate goal of being a size two is now being achieved through exercise and not the cigarettes and coffee diet. I still wish that the ultimate goal was to be strong and healthy, but this is a step in the right direction.

I know that Stacy Kiebler is more than just George Clooney's latest girlfriend. And I know that she could kick the butt of many people on the red carpet if needed. She grew up as a dancer, but had to get into really great shape to be on the WWE and WCW. (Just because the outcomes are rigged, doesn't mean they're not physically challenging their bodies for entertainment purposes.)



I know that Milla Jovavich doesn't sit around dreaming of food while avoiding it to fit into her dress. Yes, she was blessed with good genes, but no one can kill zombies repeatedly without going to the gym on occasion. Just look at the muscles in her forearm.



I'll end with Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Lopez. Their combined age is 81. You don't look like this after age 40 without a little bit of effort.

I know it seems a bit fantastical, but everyone can achieve the strength that these women possess through some effort. It won't happen overnight, but we can all be strong and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment