Thursday, February 2, 2012

Jogging in Jeans


After reading about a guy who runs in jeans I had to check out the blog about Jogging In Jeans. It turns out that many people use treadmills and running paths in jeans. I have never seen this phenomenon in person, but will have to keep an eye out for it.

One of the common refrains in the running community is "Cotton Kills" Because of it's sponge-like ability to absorb sweat, it will get too heavy during a long run and can lead to chafing. This is really important for socks, but I would think it would be bad on jeans, too.

I am not suggesting that everyone go out and spend thousands of dollars on high-tech running gear, but you may want to avoid denim.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out!

    Jill (from JoggingJeans.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. The people in the pics on your site baffle me. And amuse me.

    ReplyDelete