Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Diet Endorsements

weight loss, fitness, dietWeight Watchers currently has two celebrity spokespeople. Jennifer Hudson and Charles Barkley. Both have had very public struggles with their weight. Barkley has also struggled with gambling and keeping his mouth shut. Recently, he said that his Weight Watchers gig was "a scam." This led a competing weight loss website to issue a press release challenging Sir Charles to "offset this weighty "whoops" in our nation's collective hearts and minds" by putting his money where his mouth is and taking their 10% challenge.
american idol, weight loss, diet
This was a great PR move by HealthyWage to get their name out there. It's also a distortion of the quote and what he really meant by it being "a scam." Here's the full quote so you can judge for yourself: "I have to lose two pounds a week. I'm at 38 pounds now. They come and weigh me every two weeks. I've never missed a weigh-in. I'm never going to," Barkley begins. "I'm feeling much better. But I ain't giving away no money. ... I'm not giving away no free money. I thought this was the greatest scam going -- getting paid to watch sports -- but this Weight Watchers thing is a bigger scam."NBA, TNT, weight loss, diet

Weight Watchers PR weighed in on the quote as well: "We are thrilled that he is having great success and inspiring millions of men to join him. We agree that being a spokesman for Weight Watchers is a pretty great gig.”

No comments:

Post a Comment