Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Paula Deen

Paula deen, eating, diabetes, food network


I don't like agreeing with Anthony Bourdain, but in this case, he's right. He said of Deen's announcement, "you've been cheerfully selling this stuff knowing all along that you've got Type 2 diabetes ... it's in bad taste if nothing else."

Deen has known for three years that she has Type II Diabetes, but has not changed her cooking show at all. She is basically selling people the cause of her disease. Her defense is, "Honey, I'm your cook, not your doctor. I've always encouraged moderation."

I would love if someone could find me anytime where she suggested moderation. If she did, she wasn't listening to herself. The recipe for the item pictured below is called "The Lady's Brunch Burger." Even if you go with the "lighter" version using buns instead of glazed donuts, it's almost 800 calories per burger. That is not moderation.

paula deen, burger, krispy kreem, donut

I don't wish illness on anyone, and I hope she can get healthy and off the medication that she is being paid to endorse. I also hope that she changes her show so that her minions don't end up in the same boat as her.

No comments:

Post a Comment