Friday, January 20, 2012

Best advice ever


While looking for articles about how women hate their thighs more than any other body part, I found an article about resolutions. I am in the minority. I don't hate my thighs at all. They're not even on my list of body parts I dislike. I wonder why that is.

The article grabbed me because of it's sub-heading:

Don't fear resolutions or dread the January fitness crunch. Just make yourself one simple promise in 2012


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now here’s what you need to know about me. I was always chosen last in gym class. I can’t open a jar of pickles without assistance. I don’t train for marathons. I will never be on the cover of a magazine, Valerie Bertinelli-style, flaunting my abs. I have a body that’s over 40 and has birthed two children, and looks it. And many days, I don’t want to get out of bed.

Good health should not be reserved for the perky sporty types. Screw the jocks. Almost everybody, of every age and fitness level, can afford a half-hour a day. You can.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You really should read the entire article. It's really well-written and has a great message.

No comments:

Post a Comment