Thursday, March 22, 2012

Discipline

I am not as good with discipline as I would like. I wish that I was one of those people who never hit the snooze bar and was able to do my daily workout as soon as I roll out of bed. I don't know if that will ever be me, and it's possible that I only partially envy them. I have learned how to work with the level of discipline I do have, though.



I don't go down the chip, cookie, or ice cream aisles at the grocery store. If I go near them, it's harder to avoid buying them. If I buy them, I will eat them all. I should give myself credit for avoiding the aisles with the poor food choices, instead of looking at it negatively. "I make good food choices." not "I can't stop eating Doritos."

It's why I signed up to train with a group for the marathon. I knew that having a goal and having other people help to pay for that goal would keep me on track. I find it much easier to quit on myself than to let other people down. I was unable to run the marathon last year, but not because I quit. In fact, I kept going for several weeks after I should have probably quit. I had an injury that physically prevented me from walking. Running was not going to happen, yet I tried every week to run.

I am signed up again this year with the same group to run the 2012 Bank of America Chicago Marathon. I would be very grateful if you would consider donating a few dollars to help me and my charity. If you click here and then click the "Sponsor Me" button on the left hand side, you can donate to my charity. Thank you!!!!


If you're in Chicago, you can follow the same link and click "Join" at the top and train to run the marathon or 1/2 marathon with me. It's a great group guaranteed to keep you smiling while you run.




No comments:

Post a Comment