Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Penguin

After writing about John Bingham on Monday, I went out and bought one of his books. "An Accidental Athlete" is a series of stories about running. They were witty and insightful. He really captured some of my feelings about the joy of finding running later in life. He also talks about being a slow runner. He started with a 30 minute mile, got down to about a 12 minute mile, which is getting slower as he gets older.

I really enjoyed the book, sometimes laughing out loud in public, which is always a bit weird. People look at you and some don't understand how you can laugh out loud in public when you're alone and not on the phone. I tend to ignore them and go back to my reading.

It's similar to how I feel about running. I may not look very graceful, but I'm enjoying myself and not hurting anyone else. So I will continue on with my running or laughing out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment